Cardiff Medical Society Committee
Dr Alan Stone (President)
- General practitioner, Canna Surgery Cardiff
Dr Tom Hughes (Immediate Past President)
- Consultant Neurologist, Cardiff and Vale uHB
Dr Gareth Hayes BSc(Hons) MRCP MRCGP
- Gareth graduated from Cardiff Medical School and is a GP in Whitchurch Cardiff. He is Medical Secretary to Bro Taf LMC and also medical advisor to the Welsh National Opera.
Mr Jared Torkington MS FRCS
- Jared is a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, appointed to Cardiff and Vale NHS since 2002. He has undertaken research into laparoscopic surgery and is honorary clinical tutor to University Wales School of Medicine.
Dr Les Dingley MBBCh MRCGP D(Obst)RCOG (Treasurer)
- General Practitioner, Albany Surgery, Cardiff.
Mr Derek Fishwick (Executive Secretary)
- Graduated from Cardiff University with a degree in Law and Politics in 1978. A career civil servant worked for Welsh Office and Welsh Government for 33 years. Head of General Medical Services and Eye Care for 11 years. Currently Business Manager at Pont Newydd Medical Centre, Porth Rhondda.
Dr Ruth Stone
- A General Practitioner working at Llandaff Surgery, Ruth is a Welsh speaker and has special interests in mental health and minor surgery.
Dr Katherine Harding
- SpR Neurology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff